Only Beat 13Z residents can vote for MNC candidates. If you live in Beat 13Z, please sign up to join our mailing list here https://montclair-neighbors.groups.io/g/main. Once the City has approve our ballot, we will send to our mailing list. Questions? Please use our Contact Form.
Some of our candidates have submitted these bios to help you learn more about them..
With so many issues outside of our control, the opportunity to take ownership of challenges within our community, and solve them with our neighbors, is invaluable. I hope my experience as a civil engineer can contribute to the council.
When the wind picks up, I paddle surfskis (sea kayaks) and ride waves on the Bay.
I’m dedicated to keeping our community safe and prepared for natural disasters while promoting a safe neighborhood for us to enjoy the outdoors.
I was a firefighter in college.
Montclair Resident for 51 years. Architect/Jack of All Trades
Served on Steering Committee since inception of MSIC (now MNC). Worked on numerous projects: Locking Mailboxes Campaign, Construction of the Short Line Pocket Park at Moraga & Thornhill and Antioch Court Improvement Project. Currently serving as Treasurer.
Along with serving as Treasurer, I would be interested in assisting with any “nuts and bolts” needs of the various committees.
Hello! My name is Macy Cornell, and I am asking for your vote for Chairperson of the Montclair Neighborhood Council (MNC)
Here’s a short list of what MNC has accomplished over this past year:
- Consistent, organized monthly meetings
- Increased MNC mailing-list participation to 750+ members!
- Coordinated/implemented fire prevention strategies on Skyline Vista Points
- Opened an Adopt-A-Spot for Montclair Park! We are now “The Friends of Montclair Park” and host quarterly cleanups
- Initiated survey re: cell phone outages during PSPS events and partnered with Oakland City Officials to encourage cell companies to adhere to their legal requirement for 72 hr. back up coverage during an event.
- Closed a SARA project with the Friends of Montclair RR Trail re: proper signage for dogs on leash
- Worked with OakDOT & City Council to initiate Thornhill paving project
- Provided guidance regarding the use of portable generators
- Initiated and closed a fire prevention project with CalTrans re: Roadside Clearance Along FWY13
- Introduced Zonehaven to our community
- Reminded folks about Vegetation Inspections and guidelines
- Welcomed a new Oakland Fire Chief, Chief Reginald Freeman
- Welcomed a new OPD Community Resource Officer, CRO Aaron Johnson
- Welcome a new OPD Chief, Chief LeRonne L. Armstrong and hosted his “Conversations Towards Solutions” town hall for Montclair.
My goals for MNC this year are to refine roles and responsibilities so that we can quickly mobilize and work with Oakland City officials to get even more things done! WE NEED YOUR HELP so please reach out to share your talents!!
My background: I have been working with MNC as a community member since 2009 and joined the MNC Board in 2019. I am C.O.R.E. trained (getting ready to be CERT trained) and attended The Ohio State University (Go Bucks!). I was a Special Needs Teacher for 10 yrs. before switching gears to High-Tech where I worked as a Quality Manager for 16 yrs.
Now, I am a busy Montclair Mom with a vested interest in the safety and well-being of Montclair residents. I am currently working part time with the Oakland Firesafe Council and the Oakland Community Preparedness & Response Program to initiate the Firewise USA® program for our most wildfire prone zones. I am also a member of the St. Theresa Parents Club where I Chair the Auction Committee and am the Hospitality Lead.
Fun fact: We live in my husband’s ancestral home here in Montclair that was built by his Great Grandfather in 1929. We plan on being here for life and want to keep Montclair safe and see it’s vibrant community shine!
Neil has lived in Montclair (Gouldin Road area) with his partner for 15 years. He has served on the Montclair Neighborhood Council for almost 3 years where he used his time to build us a new website, set up and manage our ~750 members Beat 13Z only mailing-list and handled all sorts of IT (information technology) tasks.
He has contributed to Oakland Firesafe Council and Oakland Community Preparedness & Response teams. He is C.O.R.E. trained.
He looks forward to continuing his contributions by expanding and maintaining our website, welcoming new subscribers to our mailing list and creating an easy way for folks to contribute. Neil is excited about partnering with locals organizations, planning emergency preparedness training for his neighborhood and creating fun activities with other Montclair Neighbors so we can build stronger connections.
He ran a famous music store in London, England